KOBIL listed as a Sample Vendor in five Gartner Hype Cycles
The German technology company was recognized for its cutting-edge superapp product KOBIL SHIFT.
Worms, Germany, August 23, 2022 – Global technology company KOBIL has been identified as a sample vendor in five prestigious Gartner Hype Cycles following its development of the powerful superapp framework KOBIL SHIFT.
KOBIL’S industry-leading vision to create a secure business platform with more than 200 features has been recognized in:
• Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies 20221, which features emerging technologies that will greatly affect business and society over the next two to 10 years.
• Gartner Hype Cycle for Digital Government Services 20222, which explores the technologies and practices that can help governments improve citizen services.
• Gartner Hype Cycle for Software Engineering 20223, which assess the technologies and practices software engineering leaders can use to improve their team’s performance.
• Gartner Hype Cycle for Cloud Platform Services 20224, which helps IT leaders understand the pace and viability of maturing and emerging cloud platform technologies, services and trends.
• Gartner Hype Cycle for Digital Workplace Applications 20225, which assesses the tools helping digital workplace leaders improve their team’s overall performance.
"We are incredibly proud to receive this multi-tiered recognition from Gartner," said Ismet Koyun, Founder and CEO of KOBIL Group. "With our powerful KOBIL SHIFT product, we are the only vendor selling a superapp framework designed specifically to serve the complex and sensitive needs of organizations around the world. Helping them to prepare for and leverage the technological changes and challenges of the next decade is our driving mission."
KOBIL SHIFT, the secure superapp framework developed by KOBIL, combines KOBIL PAY, KOBIL IDENTITY and KOBIL CONNECT in a single platform. It allows banks, retailers, healthcare providers, and municipalities to create their own ecosystems, complete with integrated partner services.
By consolidating several apps in a secure, no-friction environment, the companies and authorities embracing superapps are enjoying significant competitive advantages -- including higher customer satisfaction, increased income streams, and improved user experiences.
• KOBIL PAY provides a powerful and secure payment and wallet framework to facilitate complex transactions with ease.
o ID-Bound Wallet (card token storage; default prepaid card and card management)
o Merchant Management (ready checkout)
o Payment (one-click payment; offline QR code and NFC; money transfers; transaction overview)
• KOBIL CONNECT provides simple, effective, responsive, secure, and binding business communications and interactions.
o Business Chat and Communication (address book; chat to person; group chat; back-office to person; secure attachments)
o Real-time Segmented Marketing (unicast; multicast; broadcast)
o Signing e-Documents (add signature; request and receive signature; multiple signatures; back-office to user)
o Chatbot Services (chatbot back-end designer; input; choice or select; transaction confirmation)
o PDF Orchestration and Processing (viewing; annotating; editing; creating; generating)
• KOBIL IDENTITY provides patented high-security digital identity solutions.
o Activation and Identity Verification (ID confirmation and activation; login via MFA; password reset)
o Authorization (payment and transaction authorization)
o User Profile and ID-Wallet (national ID cards; driver’s license; credit cards)
o Identity Provider and Address Services (single sign on; consent management; identity federation)
o Tracking and CIAM Profiling (user analytics)
Ismet Koyun added: “With KOBIL SHIFT, companies no longer need to invest either time or effort into the development of a bespoke superapp. By embracing our framework, they can instead go live in a matter of days and make updates at the push of a button. We are delighted this technological achievement has been recognized by five Gartner Hype Cycles and we look forward to much more progress in the years to come.”
1 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2022” Melissa Davis and Gary Olliffe, July 25, 2022
2 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Digital Government Services, 2022” Arthur Mickoleit, Alia Mendonsa and Daniel Snyder, August 1, 2022
3 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Software Engineering, 2022” Arun Batchu, Mark O’Neill and Joachim Herschmann, August 1 2022
4 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Cloud Platform Services, 2022” Yefim Natis and Fabrizio Biscotti, July 19, 2022
5 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Digital Workplace Applications, 2022” Matt Cain and Lane Severson, August 1, 2022
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Worms, Germany, KOBIL GmbH is a global technology company helping companies and municipalities shift to the platform economy and accelerate their digital transformation. Its superapp, KOBIL SHIFT, allows companies to provide one app, one login, one user experience, and limitless services to their customers – putting them at the heart of their user’s online experience.
KOBIL GmbH, Pfortenring 11, D-67547 Worms, Germany, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org